How to Install a RV Keyless Door Lock
If you’re tired of struggling with keys to lock/unlock your camper, I highly recommend this latch.it RV Keyless Entry Lock. The entire installation process took about 5 minutes and fit right into the existing door handle cutout. Some nice features of the lock are:
- It’s 100% metal
- Has a backlit keypad for easy entry at night
- You can enter your trailer by 3 various methods: keypad, key-fob, or mechanical key
- The key fobs work up to 80 feet away
- The lock will fit most trailers with an opening of 3.75″ x 2.75″ x 1.5″
- It’s a USA Owned Family Business!
- 1 – RV Door Lock
- 2 – Wireless Key Fob Controllers
- 1 – Mounting Hardware Set
- 1 – Easy-to-Install User Manual
- 4 – AA Batteries
- 2 – Mechanical Keys
- Bonus #1: Door Lock Protection Gasket
- Bonus #2: Long Screwdriver
Remove the existing door handle by unscrewing the 4 screws on the inside of the door. Then, remove the two screws from the side strike plate. The handle will pull right out.
Insert the batteries into the new latch.it Keyless Entry Lock. Then, carefully slide the front face into the cutout, pull the wires through, and attach the new strike plate. Connect the wire harness on each lock face.
Attach the two lock faces with the 4 long screws. Be sure not to pinch any wires. Program your key fob and keypad based on the user’s manual and you’re all set!